June 30, 2012 – Goldpanners vs. Glacier Pilots (2-3)
JUNE 30, 2012
vs. ANCHORAGE GLACIER PILOTS
GAMES TWO & THREE IN ABL SERIES
5:00 PM – GROWDEN MEMORIAL PARK
FINAL (G1): PILOTS 5, GOLDPANNERS 4
FINAL (G2): PILOTS 11, GOLDPANNERS 4
BROADCASTING LIVE STILL.. TUNE IN FOR ALL THE PREGAME!
UPDATE: The Goldpanners had a chance to claim a tie for first place in the ABL, but the same fatigue set-in I mentioned yesterday affected most of the team. That is not to say that individual performances weren't brilliant — because, in many cases, they were. Kevin Casey did a remarkable job in the second game, pitching well and hitting a home run "helping his own cause." Tanner Mendonca has the big leagues written all over his performance. There are more.. such as Kurt Schlangen, who is a hitting machine.
The good news is that the team doesn't suck.. just that it had an off-day. Perhaps the upcoming road trip will see an a-typical effort on the part of a Goldpanners team on the road. The quality of the guys suggests that the Alaskan Bush Company won't be a hot-spot, anyway.
Mat-Su is in the crapper, as well.. that is a great place to start the resurgence. Then again, there is the game on the 1st of July with which to begin the ascent.
OLD: The Goldpanners won game one against the Pilots with some very crafty pitching by Garrett Wilson. Today, there are two more.. as the Panners attempt to climb the ladder in the ABL. We will be facing two of the top pitchers in the ABL, so they are sure to be battles. Pictures and results following the game
CLICK ON BROADCAST LINK FOR LIVE BROADCAST
TECH HELP AT BOTTOM; NEED MORE? CALL 907-750-0099
PannerVision Tech Help
WATCH PANNERVISION ON YOUR TV!
CLICK ON BROADCAST LINK TO CHECK IN
BROADCASTING AT 241
High-Speed Modem – To Handle High-Quality 256Kbps Audio/Video Stream – Cable Modem or DSL or Wireless Modems Qualify.
WINDOWS 98 SR-2 – Windows Version Minimum Requirement
WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER – Broadcast Player Requirement ; Mac users download Windows Media Components for QuickTime HERE
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- If having difficulties, check your firewall settings to allow Media Player to actually access the internet.
Q: Can I watch the broadcast on my Mac computer?
- A: Yes! Simply download Windows Media Components for QuickTime HERE
Q: Can I watch the broadcast on my TV?
- A: Yes! Broadcasts can be plugged into most TVs using either component or (preferably) HDMI inputs. Broadcast works for flat screen TVs of any size. Simply plug into your TV's input jack using you computer output (perhaps need to upgrade video card). For more help, contact me.
Q: I keep getting kicked off or rebuffered. Or my picture is not clear (perhaps a series of horizontal lines)
- A1: The live video broadcast is designed only for DSL modems at this time. If your video connection isn't meeting with your approval, try viewing the game at a friend's house, or an Internet Cafe.
- A2: Oftentimes, pressing "stop" on your Media Player and then "start" will be enough to re-establish a reliable connection. Stick with it for a while, even if it "freezes." There are MANY packets of information traveling between the server and your computer, so be patient.
Q: I got cut off by my server who said it had no more streams… or "Server Busy." What can I do?
- A: Keep trying and you will get it opened again. Sometimes waiting a few minutes for them to not be so busy will help, and then bring it up again. On the rare occasion, there is a technical problem in Fairbanks (such as an component rebooting during the evening when nobody is around). Please be patient, and feel free to contact me (Todd Dennis) at 907-750-0099 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: Why did my broadcast end abruptly?
- A: Technical glitches cause a few disruptions a day. Please check back in about 5 minutes. Sorry about that!
Q: How can I enlarge the screen and see the game better?
- A1: Click your mouse, and hold it down, and drag the corners to the edge of your monitor.
- A2: At the top-right of your WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER are three function buttons. To maximize your screen, click the "Square" symbol in the middle of the "Line" and the "X" symbol.